Network Simulator 2 Tutorial offers you compact and most significant information about NS2. NS2 is one of the most popular simulators today, in the midst of researchers and scholars. This is the reason; we have provided few most important key points about NS2, which one must know before taking a project or research work in NS2. As we are working on NS2 based projects and research work for the past 10 years, we are well ware about each concepts of NS2. We have started our service in a Nobel goal to serve the students and scholars with our expertise and experience. As an initial step towards it, we have started our service as Network Simulator 2 Tutorial. For further guidance, you can approach our experts through online [ 24/7].
LEARN ABOUT NS2:
What is NS2:
- NS2 simulator is a piece of software or hardware used to predict the performance of overall network
- Supports a number of algorithms for Queuing and Routing and used to verify the viability of new algorithms, check topologies, test architectures etc.
- Discrete event simulator used for the simulation of routing protocols and are at present heavily used in ad-hoc networking research.
- It supports wide range of network protocols and provide simulation environment for both wired and wireless networks
Major Features of NS2:
- Supports Unix like systems and Windows
- It is written in C++ and TCL scripting language
- OTCL in NS2 adds object oriented concept to TCL.
- Open source simulator, which is object oriented in nature
Supports the following:
- Traffic Models[CBR, VBR, Web]
- Error Models[Uniform, bursty etc]
- Protocol support[TCP, HTTP, UDP, MAC protocols, Routing protocols]
- Misc[Radio propagation Model, Energy Model, Mobility Models]
- Visualization tools[NAM] and trace file[.tr for performance evaluation]
- Topology generation tools
Basic Structure of Ns2:
- It maintains a list of Events and executes it one after the other
- No locking or race conditions[Single thread of control]
- Back-end support[C++ Event Scheduler]-Fast to run and have more control
- Front End Support[OTCL-Creates Scenarios, extension to C++ protocols and it is fast to write and change]
Platform Support for NS2:
- Unix Systems[FreeBSD, Solaris, Linux]
Protocol Support in NS2:
- Network Layer [Routing agent]
- Transport layer[Traffic agent-TCP and UDP]
- Logic link Control layer[IEEE 802.2, AR]
- Interface Queue[Priority queue, FIFO queue, Drop tail queue]
Implementation of NS2:
- Source code implementation[C++]
- Scripting language[TCL and OTCL[Object oriented extension of TCL]]
Three basic steps:
- Design Simulation and determine the simulation scenario
- Build NS2 Script using TCL
- Run the Simulation by using $ns filename.tcl
Hope you would have got some idea about NS2. If you need further information about it or any other simulator, refer our other articles present in this site. We offer our complete guidance and support for all types of Network simulators and NS based projects. Approach us, for any kind of support regarding NS2 or NS2 based projects/research etc.
IF YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE…………………..
STOP DREAMING………..COMMIT WITH US TODAY………………
AND START YOUR WORK NOW…………………………..