NETWORK SIMULATORS COMPARISON
Network Simulators Comparison can be taken in a broad sense but we feel that every network simulator has its own unique feature. Up to now, we have completed nearly 1000+ projects in Simulation for our research scholars and students. According to the recent trends and project scope, we use best network simulator to get the best result.
We make use of Open source Simulators for students who cannot afford high cost. But our results are incomparable with real time projects. For better understanding, we can say lot about network simulators comparison. To better know about it, let us first know about each simulator in a better way.
- Most commonly used simulation tool which supports modeling of traffic distribution.
- Simulates protocols like TCP, HTTP, UDP, RTP, SRM and few routing algorithms.
- It also supports several forms of multicast and wired networking, numerous propagation models and ad-hoc routing protocols.
- It is mainly written using C++ with Python scripting interface which makes it easy to code in both c++ and Python.
- Mainly used for educational and research purpose.
- Used to design new protocol models and optimizes new and existing models.
- It provides flexibility in terms of connectivity as we can connect software and hardware applications like OTB, third part visualization software and also real networks.
- Used to model real world networks also by exploiting commercial protocols and device models.
- It provides provision for user modification as it also consist of Protocol library in Open C code.
- It supports routing protocols like RIP, OSPF, BGP, Wi-Max, GSM, MANET etc and also supports TCP,UDP, Ethernet CSMA/CD, WLAN-IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, Slotted Aloha, also Aloha etc.
- Used to create all kinds of protocol models due to also its intuitive graphical environment.
- Commercial simulator consists of C and also C++ source code blocks
- Mainly focused on inter-vehicle communication, traffic simulation,hybrid simulation composed of real and also simulated vehicles.
- Provides realistic simulations of VANETs.
- Works in two mode i.e Application centric and also network centric.
- Used also for the management of global traffic patterns and also parallel random number streams which facilitate automated IP address allocation.
- Mainly focused also on the quality of code as it allows extensibility and reusability.
- Works also for large scale networks.
- Provides seamless integration of emulation and simulation and supports various networks like GPRS cellular networks, optical networks, Wireless LANs, also mobile adhoc networks etc.
- Facilitate graphical support which allows interaction also with the network.
- Support simulation also for all TinyOS applications.
We have also discussed about each simulator in brief which provides a basic idea about network comparison. Each simulator has also its own specific feature which we need to identify and use it according to our concept. We don’t believe in comparison or limiting the tool. Networking is also a domain which has various algorithms, protocols, and sub domains. According to the domain, we also guide our students to choose the best simulation tool and explore in depth. World is moving fast, we also need to be updated to compete with the growing world. Its best to know more as learning is the only way also for success. Students can also work with us, learn with us and also can explore the world.