NS2 SIMULATOR TUTORIAL FOR BEGINNERS
NS2 Simulator Tutorial for Beginners is one of our prime services started for the beginners, who wish to learn NS-2 completely. It is also a widespread network simulator used by majority of students and scholars today. Our Tutorial for Beginners provides basic information about NS2, which can be utilized by students to get an idea about NS-2. Right start is the key for right success. This is the reason; we focus on guiding the beginners as they are like mud which can be molded in any ways.
We mold our students in a perfect way to make them to walk towards the right path of success. Also, We start our guidance from the basics of NS-2 and support until the student becomes an expert of NS-2. Along with tutoring service on NS-2, we offer support for NS-2 based projects, assignments, lab cycles etc. As a step towards our guidance, we also have provided few basic concepts of NS2 below, for students to get some knowledge about NS-2.
TUTORIAL FOR BEGINNERS
It is also an open source simulator widely used for Educational and research purpose. Two major things one must know about it, is also the language used in it and it’s supported Networks. It is also basically implemented in OTCL [Object oriented extension of TCL]. Two major languages, it also supports are C++ and TCL [Tool command language]. It is also used to simulate both wired and wireless Networks [Mobile Ad hoc Networks, Wireless sensor Networks, Wireless body area network etc]. Simulation in NS2 is based on the following constraints i.e. Node creation and also configuration, Node color description, creation of duplex links and also orientations, labeling of Nodes, establishing queuing methods, TCP and also UDP connection and data transmission.
Now, let’s discuss most basic aspect of NS2 i.e. overall commands involved in Node creation, links, agents and applications etc.
To create a wired node:
[simulator – instance] node
Set ns[new simulator] set n1[$ns node]
To change the shape of the Node:
- Use of shape procedure of node class.
- Available shapes are box, circle and also hexagon
- Default shape[Circle]
[node – instance] shape < circle| hexagon | box >
To reset all the agents of the Node:
- Use of Rest command to rest all the agents attached to a node
[node – instance] reset
To fetch id of Node:
[ node- instance ] id
To attach an agent to a node on specific port:
[node – instance] attach – agent [agent – instance] optional :< Port no
To attach label to the node:
[ node – instance ] label [ label ]
LINK COMMAND IN NS2:
- In NS2, nodes are connect in two ways[Simplex and Duplex]
- Simplex Connection-One way communication
- Duplex connection-Allow two way communication
- Bandwidth[specified in Mbps(Mb)]
- Delay[Specified in milli seconds]
- Type of Queue[DropTail, FQ, CBQ, RED, DRR, FQ etc]
$ns link type [simplex – link/duplex-link] [node – instance 1] [node – instance 2] bandwidth delay Q-Type
AGENTS IN NS2
- Every node transport mechanism in NS2 need to also defined to send data which is done using agents·
- Foe ex. FTP application uses TCP protocol as also TCP agent·
- Command to attach agent to node:
$ [simulator – instance ] attach – agent [node – instance] [agent – instance]
- To fetch the port number also to which the agents is attached:
$ [agent – instance] port
- Connect one agent to another agent:
$ [simulator – instance] connect [agent – instance] [agent – instance]
APPLICATION IN NS2:
- Two types of application[traffic generator and also simulated application]
- Traffic agent:
- -Pareto traffic generator
- -Exponential traffic generator
- -CBR and also trace
- Simulated Application [FTP and Telnet]
$set cbr [new Application / Traffic / CBR]
$ set exp [new Application / Traffic/ Exponential]
$set per [new Application / Traffic / Pareto]
$ set tr [new Application / Traffic / Trace]
$set ftp [new Application / FTP]
$ set tel [new Application / Telnet]
We also have discuss most basic aspect of NS2 Simulator Tutorial for beginners. This will give you an idea about the major components use in NS-2. Once you are done with it, refer our other articles for more information about NS-2. You can also approach us for online tutoring service on NS-2; our experts will guide you on all major concepts of NS-2. We are also here for you at 24/7.
SUCCESS NEVER COMES IN ONE DAY………..
IT REQUIRES CONTINUOUS EFFORT AND DESIRE TO ACHIEVE
GET YOUR SUCCESS TOMORROW…APPROACH US TODAY…….