WBAN is a high-tech technology that is largely used in the medical sector for patients’ medical diagnostics and observation but several new advancements are still in research and development. For instance: monitoring more patients at the same time by the physician is still not deployed in real. This page focuses on the current developments in Wireless Body Area Networks Simulators with WBAN research ideas!!!
Our developers are always passionate to create continuous new achievements in the WBAN research field. So, they usually have the habit of analyzing and testing the different communication protocols, distributed mechanisms, node behavior, radio models, and more. So, we are updated on all new innovations in WBAN.
Here, our research team has given you a list of questions that are universally asked by the active scholars for proceeding with the wireless body area network research and development. Let’s have a look at them with brief answers given by our experts.
Which of the following are the design issues to be considered for designing a WBAN system?
Before start designing the model, you should know the measure that certainly avoids the major technical issues. For effective BANs, the sensors are needed to be non-invasive, lightweight, low energy consumption, and small. Further, you should also know the system classifications with their applicable models as follows,
- Test with a real system prototype
- Physical Model
- Mathematical Model
- Logical Solution
- Test with real system
What are the properties of WBAN explain in detail?
- WBAN play a major role in learning and interpreting the dynamic health state variations and disease changeover
- Through WBAN, we can predict the variations in critical signs and warn the physician/hospital about the patient’s emergency medical care before the patient undergo a risk situation.
- WBAN enables the insulin pump to automatically inject the required amount of insulin into the patient body before the insulin touch a low level.
- WBAN applications are commonly used to continuously monitor chronic disease (such as cancer, diabetes) patients’ health from a remote area. It records the patient’s actual current status in terms of some important metrics.
- To the great extent, WBAN also extent in other application areas such as military, cybersecurity, etc. to ensure smooth communication among users and among machines and users.
What are the network components of WBAN?
In general, WBAN is made up of 4 major entities such as sensors/devices, battery, transceiver, and microprocessor where the sensor has the ability to capture the information from any range of distance at any time. And the sensors can be of any kind as bio-kinetic, physiological and ambient. So far, we have discussed the frequent questions. Now, we can see some research areas that are not widely addressed and not effectively tackled by the researchers. These research gaps are very useful for the scholars who wish to do the rare unsolved research problems which are mathematically not yet possible.
Research Topics in WBAN
- Energy Management
- Energy Harvesting
- Energy Saving
- Energy Neutral Operation (ENO)
- Energy Scavenging Sources
- Energy Charging / Transfer
- Battery Charging Techniques
- Wireless Power/Energy Transfer
- Joint Wireless Information (Energy Transfer)
- Effective Technologies (Mechanisms and Tools)
- Energy Conservation
- Data (Prediction, Reduction and Compression)
- RAN Optimization
- Energy Harvesting
- QoS Management
- Multi-source multi-sink systems
- Security for Critical Infrastructure
- Heterogeneous Platform
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Self-protection and Self-management of Resources
- Limited Resources and capabilities
- Memory Capacity
- Constrained Energy
- Processing Abilities (Communication)
- Variations in quantity of WBAN nodes should not disturb the QoS
- Multi-source multi-sink systems
Next, we can see the finest communication technologies that are appropriate for WBAN developments to establish interaction among sensors. In WBAN, the popularly used communication technology is Ultra Wide Band (UWB). Further, RF in UWB offers smooth signal/data broadcasting in the wireless network channel with an assurance of energy efficiency and fault tolerance.
- IEEE 802.11
- IEEE 802.15.3
- Ultra-wideband (UWB)
- IEEE 802.15.4
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- IEEE 802.15.6
In general, communication technologies are classified into three categories and they are short-range medium-range, and long-range based on the distance that communication possible. For illustrative purposes, here we have given the short-range communication technologies under four main classifications as follows,
Short-range Wireless Communications
- Air Interface/PHY
- Ultra Wide-Band (UWB) Communication
- Narrowband Communication (Traditional)
- Optical Wireless Communications (UV and IR)
- Millimeter Waves (Mm–wave) Communication (60 GHz)
- Network topology
- Decentralized (infrastructures less, mesh, ad hoc )
- Centralized (infrastructure and mobile)
- Data rate
- Maximum (10Mbp – 10Gbps)
- Medium (100Kbps – 10 Mbps)
- Minimum (bps – 100Kbps)
Our research teams are currently working with current notable research areas of the wireless body area network. Our motive is to bring new contributions to health informatics and medical fields. For your information, here we have listed a few interesting research areas that have had a high discussion in recent years.
WBAN Research Areas
- Real-time Responsive BANs Applications
- Radio Models for On-body and Off-body Networks
- Health Monitoring for Remote Patient
- Advance Antenna design for Body Area Network
- Wearable/Implantable Device Modeling and Deployment
- Automated Active Monitoring for Medical Rehabilitation
- Adaptive Ultra-Low-Power Listening/MAC Protocols for Sensors
- Effective Co-existence Techniques for Mitigating Interference
WBAN Simulation and Emulation Tools
In this digital world, if we directly implement the network and test the node is a quite serious and costly task. So, to avoid such difficulties, the Wireless Body Area Networks Simulators were introduced. It simulates the real network environment with actual network behavior, data transmission, etc. Also, it is cheaper in comparison with real-world deployment. Further, it offers many modules and components to design the custom-based large or small-scale network in a short time. For wireless network design, it has several domain-specific simulators.
In addition, it also includes emulators which support both hardware and software but it is expensive compared to simulators. One of the major benefits of the emulator is scalability which can include an infinite number of sensors in the network that runs on real. To understand the importance of simulators, in the below section we have explained the need for the simulation in the wireless body area network. Further, we have also given the important scenarios that are apt for using the simulation.
- To analyze the system behavior, process and performance
- To assess the complicated methods where mathematical or numerical function doesn’t works or not exists.
- To exclude the cost and risk of actual real implementation for complex systems (For instance: aircraft and planetary simulations)
- To rapidly test the network design replacements and changes (For instance: various system structures)
When to Use Simulation?
- For verifying logical or analytical models
- For conducting trials in regardless of OS
- If it is hard to deal with mathematical or numerical analysis
Now, we can see the core characteristics that are embedded with the Wireless body area networks simulators. These features are specially meant for designing, developing, testing, and deploying wireless body area applications and systems.
Key Features of WBAN Simulators
- Allow to apply MAC protocol and synchronize drifting clocks in Node
- It can support able to model, process and visualize large-scale simulation through the simulator’s refined tools and technologies.
- Easy to compute the interference as fine-grain CSI and RSSI
- Simple to build the physical model that represent the structural design and object mobility
- Enable to create temporal and spatial model of path loss (variation)
In addition, our developer also specified the key functionalities of the WBAN simulators that simplify the complex activities involved in the WBAN system. These functions are sure to uplift the overall WBAN performance at the end.
Important Working of WBAN Simulators
- Design and assessment of standard channel models in impulsive response system
- Between the outside environs and signal broadcast, the impact of multipath reflection can be evaluated
- Advance fading statistical categorization in the dynamic motion of human body for both sparse multipath and scattering environs
- Disturbances of the communication among nodes can be detected by the radio propagation technique
Next, we can some current Wireless Body Area Networks Simulators that scholars prefer to develop their handpicked research topics. Our developers have years of experience in handling the following network simulators,
- Contiki OS
- NS2 Simulator
Hope, now you get a clear view of WBAN and their supporting simulators. Let’s see the things you have to consider in choosing the simulation tools for precise performance results. All these are basic requirements for implanting and simulating WBAN projects.
How to choose the best simulation tool for WBAN projects?
- Modeling Flexibility: Simulation tools must be supported for any types of nodes and number the nodes can be easily adjusted during dynamic running simulation
- Component Adaptability: Simulation tools should adapt any kind of network component that are included in the designed network and require function properly for yielding desired results
- Animation: Simulation tools must give the realistic look of the actual network i.e., how the network is going to deploy in real-world and how the packets are traced and transmitted
- Model development simplicity: Simulation tools should provide sophisticated IDE to develop simplified version of any kind of complex system
- Static capabilities of a simulator: Simulation tools must analyze the static node capabilities to give consistent outcomes which do not include internal history.
- Creating New Components: Simulation tools should offer the sufficient in-built modules, libraries, packages, toolboxes and more to create new network entities
- Different kinds of implemented components: Simulation tools should able to cope with various kinds of network entities that are designed and installed in the network where each component has different tasks and features.
- Graphs: Simulation tools must give the dynamic test result during the simulation process in the plotted graphs
- Fast Modeling: Simulation tools should speed up the design and simulation of the network without affecting the quality
Further, if you are looking for more information to do WBAN research, tools and technologies then get in touch with us. We will help you in every phase of wireless body area networks simulators research to create lifetime achievement in your research profession.